RaceStation

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RaceStation
RaceStation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuji GT Reports

5 posters

Go down

Fuji GT Reports Empty Fuji GT Reports

Post by muzza-_-3 (GT6 Mod) Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:47 am

please post below...
muzza-_-3 (GT6 Mod)
muzza-_-3 (GT6 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Fuji GT Reports Empty Re: Fuji GT Reports

Post by rob-lee77 Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:53 pm

qualy 7th 1min 36.4
not too bad a session didn't match my expected time of 36.0
had a decent start then settled into a battle with vern then joined by muzza which was fun.didnt think I would pull away from vern and muzza but when I got clear I was able to concentrate on dave ahead,while muzza and vern slugged it out.had very similar pace to dave but couldn't make big enough in roads into the 2secs or so gap he had,my car had nothing to offer down the straights,but the car felt very good through the very long right hander in the middle sector where I made a very satisfying overtake on muzza which took him by surprise I think and he complimented me during racing on the overtake which was nice.finally finishing 5th which I felt was a good result.
sprint race good getaway but I was very cautious into turn 1 dropping back to 11th out of turn 1 but due to others errors and collisions and my decent pace I was able to finish 4th just missing out on 3rd as I couldn't defend down the final straight on final lap but 4th was another good result.
overall a very solid performance.
rob-lee77
rob-lee77

Back to top Go down

Post by muzza-_-3 (GT6 Mod) Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:22 am

qualy 
finished 5th with a time of 1:36.263, very close to morge and rob with on a 2 tenth gap between us all. unfortunately dizzy lost connects so though there was going to be a restart which lead to the race.
race 1 
thinking there was going to be a restart i was not taking the start seriously and fell down to last, then after dave kindly told me this was the real thing i had to bring my A game. battling through the pack i ended up in 5th ahead of vern and rob, underestimating there pace a started to concentrate on dave in front only for rob to overtake me and vern in one corner! after this rob ran away and i was left with an epic battle with vern in the merc. he was clearly quicker than me in the corners but with a clear advantage and the straight (with a bit of slip streaming) i managed to take vern on the straight very lap after he past me in the last sector, this went on for the hole race only for vern to pass me on the last lap and gain enough of a lead to finish 0.120 second ahead another close feachure race.
sprint race
very much the same as the first race but it seemed every time i gained a position or 2 something would happen and i would constantly be demoted to 8th. on the last lap i manage to get into 7th thinking a broke the cycle of being in 8th, vern make a mug of me and caught me sleeping and manages to overtake me on the 3rd to last corner and like in the 1st race i can overtake him on the straight before the finish line fishing 2 seconds behind.

a disappointing race in terms of points but then best race so far in terms of racing the best this season
muzza-_-3 (GT6 Mod)
muzza-_-3 (GT6 Mod)

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdave235 Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:43 am

Quali 4th

Changed my setup a little and was a good move as i finally felt i had the car underneath me, and my fastet lap was my PB by 1/4 of a second.

In the feature race i was a little distracted at the start due to the mod not knowing what was going on, so i was a little conservative which let morge through. then BK got past, but this was good as he was quicker on the straights and hopefully he might have been able to drag me up to the front with him. Unfortunately he dipped a toe on the grass on lap 2 and lost it. Spent the rest of the race on my own although i couldn't get too complacent as rob was not too far behind, but finished the race in 4th

For the sprint race i managed to avoid the chaos on the first lap and moved up the field. spent the next few laps battling with muzza, shedders and weasel and managed to come out on top for p5
bigdave235
bigdave235

Back to top Go down

Post by BK_1975 Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:29 am

Great quali but a poo race for me with a spin on the grass in both races and after screaming "multi21 multi21" at my team mate  scratch "put your brakes on" he continued to finish in 10th position taking the last points position with me near behind with 11th and nil points  study
BK_1975
BK_1975

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddweasel Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:53 am

Quali - 9th I think.
Bad start and fell to near the back but with BK and a couple others spinning I found myself upto around 11th or 10th. Had a battle with Shedders and beat him into the quick turn 2 left hander but we bumped and I think he spun out, not sure but I carried on and made my way up to 9th after passing Thee Mask who ws super quick on the straight. Spent last few laps on my own as I couldn't catch Vern etc in front.

Sprint race: Awful start, I really need to sort this out, I dropped from something like 5th right back to last by turn 1 but again with even more crashes I quickly found myself up to around 9th or 8th after the first lap and after an incident in sec 3 I passed 2 cars including my teammate; Muzza. Had a good battle with Dave and at the start of the final lap I had a better line out of turn 1 one on both Dave and Shedders, 3 breast into turn 2 I had the inside line and caught Shedders slightly, knocking him off tack a bit but I pushed through and upto 5th.
Unfortunately I left the door open a little for Dave into the final corner and even though he had a slower and tighter line onto the straight he just beat me to the line as I was halfway along side him, with Vern right behind, another 20 metres and I would have beaten him.
For the first time this season I was actually in the pack and in the mi, so I really enjoyed this race and look forward to Bathurst.
Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum