RaceStation

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RaceStation
RaceStation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monaco

2 posters

Go down

Monaco                    Empty Monaco

Post by bigdave235 Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:20 am

Quali,

Was at the front of the field so i didn't have to wait to find space and could get the best from my tires, but it was a very competitive session and i finished 3rd, less than a tenth from pole!

The feature race did not start so well, with my team mate getting pushed down the order i also lost a few places, but once i settled down i knew my tires would last. I had to be patient and a few laps later i took an opportunity to get past rob. i managed to get past Oscar a few laps later, but almost got overtaken again with a bit of a Perez move at the chicane. I had a 4 second gap to try and catch BK, and rapidly got onto his tail for the last lap. I had a lot more grip than he did, but i was accelerating too quickly out of corners so could not make the move but it might have been possible.

The sprint race was chaotic once again. i managed to avoid the chaos up the hill. considering it was monaco i was doing ok, just trying to avoid the chaos, but on lap 4 there was a pile up at the chicane and i was spun which put me second last. However this set me up for one incredible last lap where i overtook 2 cars in succession, including BK on the outside of the hairpin which put a smile on my face.
bigdave235
bigdave235

Back to top Go down

Monaco                    Empty Re: Monaco

Post by BK_1975 Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:56 am

MONACO

Quali,

Well I didnt expect 1st as 1:33.200 was the best I got all week but a late miss placed e-mail sent to the wrong Mercedes garage gave my team a great insight to what other drivers were doing towards there set-ups and after waiting for around 20 seconds at start of quali I knocked on and set pole "Boom"

Race 1

In 1st place and that's how it was nice and easy with a steady set-up under me until "BBBIGDDDDAVE" jumps all over me with 3 laps to go and my tyres were gone gone gone , but as its monaco I held the rules tight to my chest and just entered the corners as fast as the car could go hittting the apex on every corner causing dave to struggle behind looking for a gap........great race Dave

Race 2
Started last and smashed into Odie just after first bend and that was my race destroyed from that point but left chasing I kept over doing braking and corners and never go any rhythm , finished 11th and not to happy about some driving on display on replays but hey its Monaco and we all make mistakes so if I or any other drivers receive warnings , penalty's due error of judgement lets just put it down to Monaco and swallow the pill in the name of future experience and work together to make all better.

All went a bit gloomy for a sort bit so as I won Monaco & Le Mans this week I would like to say sorry to BigDave in the first race for my car being so fat at the back end and only taking the win due to holding the apex's at low speed.

"SORRY TO BIGDAVE FOR MY BIG ASS AND I SAY IT WITH A SONG"
BK_1975
BK_1975

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum