RaceStation

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RaceStation
RaceStation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racing Etiquette

5 posters

Go down

Racing Etiquette Empty Racing Etiquette

Post by Reddweasel Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:07 am

Hi all,

I'm not going to labour this point too much but I just want to ask racing colleagues to be a bit more careful when braking into early (race) corners. Two out of six racers now (One third) I have been rear ended when braking into the first or second corner. Both incidences occurred in the sprint races, Brands Hatch at turn 2, ruining my race, and turn 1 at Nurburgring; a major contributor to ending my race competativley. I had had a blinding start in Germany in the sprint race, moving up from 6th to 2nd before the first corner then for it all to effectively end and finding myself down in 13th.
Those of you quicker drivers, please consider us slower drivers when we start in front of you. One of the main contributing factors for a slower pace could well be that we brake slightly earlier into corners etc.

Redd.
Reddweasel
Reddweasel

Back to top Go down

Racing Etiquette Empty Re: Racing Etiquette

Post by Vernon-ator_1991 Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:13 am

I agree Weasel. After the amount of people raising this up, all footage is to be reviewed and any incidents will be investigated.
Vernon-ator_1991
Vernon-ator_1991

Back to top Go down

Post by delboy2u2 Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:19 am

Bang on the money red
I agree 100%
Pretty sure I said similar comments after the race at nurb.

delboy2u2

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-lee77 Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:30 am

I agree and I tried to push this forward after race 1 in fia but it fell on deaf ears.
rob-lee77
rob-lee77

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdave235 Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Any incidents can be raised through an appeal, subject to evidence which is very easy with the replay system in GT6. It is nto something that has been ignored and I urge any driver to raise raise an appeal if they feel it necessary.
bigdave235
bigdave235

Back to top Go down

Post by delboy2u2 Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:30 am

If we raced with damage on I think you would find that dangerous/ careless driving would stop after 1 or 2 races..
Damage on dies not mean terminal damage for a small paint exchange or even for a slight bump!
It is very well managed by the simulators physics.
Try it on a test race? Maybe??

delboy2u2

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdave235 Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:32 am

The rules for this season have been set (apart from quali which we are voting on) but it can definitely be tested and possibly implemented for future seasons.

It might be something to consider if we do manage to add a second touring car league, having an A league with stricter rules than the B league.
bigdave235
bigdave235

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum