RaceStation

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RaceStation
RaceStation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIA Meeting - 06/01/14

2 posters

Go down

FIA Meeting - 06/01/14 Empty FIA Meeting - 06/01/14

Post by bigdave235 Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:24 am

FIA meeting 06/01/2014

Events on the site over the past few weeks and specifically over the past 24 hours have raised a few issues the attention of the FIA.  

1. Issue of people  signing up to the site

Some people have attempted to sign up to the website without clear intention of joining a league. In some instances, multiple accounts have been created by one person.
This will be investigated to determine the intent of people wishing to join and will be reported at the next meeting

2. Issue of decisions (removal of admin rights) without proper consultation

This issue surrounds two specific actions action by senior members of the site. Firstly BK’s banning of Bobjim from the website, secondly Rob’s removal of BK’s admin rights.

3. Issue of the conduct of members on the site

Over the past 24 hours some members have not been behaving in a way we would expect members to behave, specifically in the chat box. The language and behaviour was rude, aggressive and offensive.

The second and third issue are serious problems that need addressing so a line may be drawn under what has happened. It is expected that members should behave in a way that will not undermine the site or bring it into disrepute.

Senior members need to be reminded of the responsibilities they hold, which include addressing maters arising in the appropriate way and decisions which affect other members should always be discussed in committee.

This has not happened therefore it has been decided that BK will receive a 5 day ban from the web site, partly to try to diffuse any further arguments but also in acknowledgment that banning bobjim was inappropriate, and for bad language used in the chat box.

Rob will not receive a penalty for removing BK’s admin rights. This was not appropriate for him to do so and would urge him in future to discuss such matters in the FIA, however we understand his reasons for doing so.

Impact of issues and general concerns with the website

Whatever the issue which is the cause of the arguments is, the argument itself undermines the site as it detracts from the racing which is what should be being discussed. A lot of members have expressed an interest in leaving the league and we have lost some already. There are other factors which has caused people to become disinterested with the site, but it is concerning we are losing members.

We want to reassure members of the site the site moderators are listening to concerns of members concerning the site and the structure of the leagues. It was difficult to implement the site in the manner that we wanted to. If we were more successful and had built a better community we would have been able to run the additional leagues to support the F1 leagues. We also realise that car allocation has been very difficult this year (although were blaming that one on codemasters), but we realise there are many things that need improving. We want to implement changes across many aspects and with the website we need to look at the options that we have, but with the leagues we don’t want to make changes to hastily as we don’t want to make changes every week. However we have been analysing the car performance which does indicate that there has been a change in the performance of the cars, and with drivers leaving the league a change in the car order will be required.
bigdave235
bigdave235

Back to top Go down

FIA Meeting - 06/01/14 Empty Re: FIA Meeting - 06/01/14

Post by rob-lee77 Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:11 am

I did what I thought was right at the time,i mean you have gone a step further and banned him yet when I use my power as admin its wrong,anyway it wont happen again as im no longer part of admin group.
rob-lee77
rob-lee77

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdave235 Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:46 am

Rob this statement was drafted in last nights meeting. The only reason we have mentioned you as what you did was done outside the FIA. Me and Vern were not fully aware of what has been happening but after reading all of the posts on the forum and in the chatbox archive it was pretty clear what has been going on. We realise that you did what we did because you were trying to do the right thing, its clear that you and others have nothing to do with BK's issue with this 'hacker' and I am really disappointed with the way he has treated you and other members of this site.

All we want is for things to be discussed together properly before we make decisions and when we have problems, and I hope we will be able to move on from this as I really don't want it to tear this site apart. I hope you will be around to join us tomorrow evening mate.
bigdave235
bigdave235

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down